Airborne asbestos analysis
Are you planning to carry out work that could release asbestos fibers into the air ? Consider performing an airborne asbestos analysis to minimize the risk of exposure, and limit the exposure of people who will be on site during the work.
In what situations can Lab’EauAirSol help you analyze the asbestos in the air in your home?
- You would like to have an estimate and know the price of an airborne asbestos analysis for your home.
- You suspect the presence of asbestos in the building materials of your home
- You’re planning to carry out work in your home that could release asbestos fibres, and you’d like to have an airborne asbestos analysis performed.
- Find out more about air testing for asbestos in residential buildings
- Want to know if you should use an air extractor to filter asbestos from the air in your home?
- You need a laboratory in Quebec to take an asbestos air sample in your home quickly and accurately, performed by qualified experts in accordance with applicable standards.
Digitizing respirable asbestos fibers (IRSST 243)
When working on a site where the presence of asbestos is problematic, asbestos fiber concentration must be measured at least once per shift, given the high risk involved. These measures make it possible to maintain a minimum level of exposure risk by limiting workers’ exposure to different types of asbestos fibres and different respiratory equipment.
Measuring fiber concentration at the end of the work also enables us to establish a return to normal before dismantling the enclosure.
A similar type of test can also be used to estimate the exposure to respirable asbestos fibers of occupants of a building not undergoing any particular work.
Our analysts offer a fast, reliable service to submit reports within 24 hours of receiving samples. Analyses are carried out in accordance with IRSST Method 243, and LAB’EAU-AIR-SOL participates in quality control tests under CEAEQ’s CQ fibres program.